Some facts about Breast Cancer (from BreastCancer.org):
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women (12.4%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- A woman's risk of breast cancer nearly doubles if she has a first-degree relative (mother, sister, daughter) who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
- For women in the United States, breast cancer death rates are higher than death rates for any other type of cancer, besides lung cancer.
- In women under 45, breast cancer is more common in African-American women than white women. For Asian, Hispanic, and Native-American women, the risk of developing and dying from breast cancer is lower.
What does this mean? If you have at least 8 female friends or family members, you have probably been impacted in some way by this disease.
Here is a card of encouragement you can create and send to someone special.
- Stamp Sets – Ribbon of Courage (w-143852, c-143855) or bundle with framelits (w-145341, c-145342)
- Card Stock – Thick White Cardstock (140272); Whisper White (100730); Powder Pink (144244); Smoky Slate (131202)
- Stamp Pads – Powder Pink (144084); Smoky Slate (131179)
- Misc. – Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (144687); Support Ribbon Framelit Dies (143749 or bundle with stamps, above); Dimensionals (104430); Big Shot (143263)
- Thick White Card Stock: 8½” x 5½”, scored to create card base
- Powder Pink Card Stock: 5¼” x 4”
- Whisper White Card Stock: 1¾” x 3¼” for sentiment, 3½” x 2½” for ribbon
- Smoky Slate Card Stock: 2” x 3¾”
- Emboss Powder Pink card stock using Quilt Top Embossing Folder and Big Shot. Adhere to front of thick white card base.
- On small white rectangle cardstock, stamp sentiment using Smoky Slate ink and tiny heart in Powder Pink. Layer onto Smoky Slate card stock. Attach to center of card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp bold ribbon using Powder Pink ink onto larger white cardstock. Stamp detailed ribbon stamp in Smoky Slate OVER THE TOP of the bold pink stamped image (if the Smoky Slate pad is really inky, you may want to stamp off the image once on a scrap paper first).
- Use framelits and Big Shot to cut out ribbon. Attach to left side of sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.