Thursday, March 23, 2017

Inside the Lines (or maybe Outside the Lines)

Hi All!

I have been lax in my sharing of projects I created for swaps.

I based this one on a sketch and from a make-n-take from OnStage Local event in November.


Panel is colored with the watercolor pencils - Melon Mambo, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight and then blended with the Blender Pen.  I also added a bit of Wink of Stella to the middle of the flowers.  One does want a hint of glitter!

Here's a close-up to see the glimmer and coloring.  Notice that I'm not completely inside the lines.  It's okay!



To get the tonal effect of the dragonfly wings:

  • Ink the wing stamp with Pool Party - don't stamp yet.
  • Use a sponge dauber and apply Old Olive ink directly to the stamp.
  • Now stamp on Whisper White.

I also used some Wink of Stella on the diecut wings.  If you want extra glimmer, use the Gold Wink of Stella instead of the Clear.  This card, I used the clear on everything.



The thread behind the circles is actually the Melon Mambo Thick Twine.  I just unraveled some threads from a piece.  Then add some adhesive and smoosh it down on top.  It's going to look really ugly until you put the circles on top with dimensionals.  Then it looks awesome!

Supplies used:

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment