Friday, September 1, 2017

Let's Help the Victims of Harvey!

I have many friends from high school and friends I have met through Stampin' Up! that are in the Houston area. Some are ok. Some have homes at a total loss. I also have friends that are traveling to help in the area.
I ask that you pray for everyone - comfort, peace, strength, patience.
I also ask that you consider donating to the American Red Cross or the Salvation Army. Here is a link with additional information: http://abc13.com/…/how-to-help-the-victims-of-hurr…/2348094/

One more option for donating - You can give through PayPal. I am not personally collecting this money - you pick the charity and PayPal sends it along to their fund. https://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/107638597766619098/

I personally donate to the American Red Cross.  There is a video CBS ran about donating things versus money.  Here's the link:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/when-disaster-relief-brings-anything-but-relief/

Image result for bottles of water

What really caught my attention was the bottles of water.  You would think it would be helpful to send this item.  But The American Red Cross has technology to create drinkable water for about $300 a day to service about 40,000 people.  Bottles of water cost $300,000 for the same amount AND you have to store them!

Anyone that wants to order some Stampin' Up! product AND help victims of Harvey, I will be donating 40% of sales September 1 - 4 to the American Red Cross Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund.  Use this code NPBPHNRP when shopping online.  Regular updates will be on my Facebook page with our progress.  








No comments:

Post a Comment