Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy Halloween Scene

Driving home after my son's marching band practice, and I caught that twilight / dusky phase with the trees really dark and some bats swooping down to grab some bugs.  This came to mind.  

However, I will admit, my first attempt was NOT pretty at all.  I still had some kinks to work out.




For instance, I do not recommend watercoloring with the Basic Black Archival Ink Refill.  See the swirls?  Yuck for this project!  

Also, my moon was a little blendy with the sky.  Rule number one of watercoloring - let the previous layer dry completely if you do not want the colors to blend!

My other thought was that the ghost is just floating along - where did he come from?  Maybe he needs to ~rise~.........


So here is my second attempt. 



To watercolor the background, I used my aquapainter, watercolor paper, and a couple of drops of Perfect Plum reinker.  I washed that over all the paper.

Then, I added Night of Navy ink with my aquapainter.  At the top of the paper, there was more ink.  As I worked down the paper, I added more water so that the colors faded and blended into each other nicely.

Last, I added the Memento Black.  This is water-based and works much better for the look I want.  I applied this similar to the Night of Navy.

The ghost and the sentiment are both popped with dimensionals.


Supply List:



Hope you enjoyed!





No comments:

Post a Comment