The new catalogs are HERE! You can order beginning at noon MDT (1pm CDT and 2pm EDT).
One of my favorite stamp sets is one inspired by Patty Bennett as a Million Dollar Achiever. It's called Ribbon of Courage. She has an amazing story behind the inspiration.
This hits home with me as well. My dad, father-in-law, and brother-in-law are all cancer survivors. Unfortunately, not everyone survives. One of my friends passed away two years ago from complications of chemotherapy. She was only 45 years old. I also have a large number of friends and their families struggling with this disease.
So, from the pain and suffering is an idea for a card:
This is a Z-fold card. Above is the outside; below is the inside.
And here it is completely unfolded.
- Stamp Sets – Ribbon of Courage (w-143852, c-143855); Label Me Pretty (w-143858, c-143861)
- Card Stock – Perfect Plum (101889); Basic Black (121045); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Perfect Plum (126963); Basic Black (140931)
- Misc. – Watercolor Pencils (141709); Metallic Foil Doilies (138392); Pretty Label Punch (143715); Dimensionals (104430); Some Punch (111113)
- Perfect Plum: Base - 4¼” x 11”, scored at 5½” and 2¾”; 3¼” x 4½”; scraps for punching and stamping
- Basic Black: 4” x 5¼”; 4” x 2½”; 3½” x 4¾”; scraps for punching
- Whisper White: 3¾” x 5”; 2¼” x 5”
1. Stamp solid ribbon in Perfect Plum on large Whisper White.
2. Randomly stamp hearts and flower in Perfect Plum (stamp off first) onto small Perfect Plum.
3. Stamp floral ribbon in Basic Black on Perfect Plum scrap
a. Color swirls with White Watercolor Pencil.
b. Fussy cut ribbon.
4. Stamp floral label in Perfect Plum on Perfect Plum scrap
a. Stamp sentiment inside label in Basic Black.
b. Punch with Pretty Label Punch
5. Punch two Basic Black Pretty Labels
a. Cut one in half lengthwise.
b. Cut the other end scallops.
c. Adhere behind the Perfect Plum punched piece to create a matted layer.
6. Fold Perfect Plum card base in half on score line and then fold the top back to the fold line to create a Z-fold card.
7. Adhere the large Basic Black and Whisper White pieces to the inside.
8. Adhere the small Basic Black and Whisper White pieces to the small outside flap.
9. Adhere the Perfect Plum to the Basic Black.
a. Adhere doily (white side up).
b. Adhere floral ribbon with dimensionals.
c. Adhere only left-side to the front flap of the card base.
10. Adhere punched piece over stamped ribbon on the inside of the card.